The guide is the latest in a number of additional features and tools added to the AIC’s website over
the past six months, which include:
- The launch of a useful “My alerts” function. Users can opt to be notified about stock exchange announcements for their chosen investment companies, or when certain conditions are met: for example, a dividend being declared, or a share price or discount reaching a certain level. Links to relevant information come in a handy daily digest email.
- Improved performance charts which give users the ability to benchmark investment companies against the relevant AIC sector or market index in one click.
- The rollout of investment company screener to all AIC website users. Previously only available to financial advisers, the screener helps users scour the investment company universe for companies with their preferred characteristics. For the first time, users can filter by criteria such as manager tenure, equity style (value versus growth) and dividend frequency, then compare their chosen investment companies side by side.
- Dynamic searching, making it easier to find relevant information on an investment company or topic within the AIC website.
- The launch of tutorials covering some of the website’s most popular tools, guiding users through them step by step.
All these tools and services are free for all users.